[Product] [OpenStack][Product WG] Today's Team Meeting Info

Kruithof Jr, Pieter pieter.kruithof.jr at intel.com
Mon Feb 22 22:58:48 UTC 2016

Hi Shamail,

Sorry for the confusion. I was hoping to have a discussion with the
Product WG on whether there is a need for a personas working session
before the Austin Summit. If so, I will distribute a survey with proposed
dates and times to the group.  My take is that we need to fill-out the
current personas with additional content and begin working on additional
roles including customer/developer, project owner (see below) and auditior
(see below).

I did have a chance to briefly review the proposed keystone roles and
found a few gaps. The spec can be found at:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245629/5/specs/common-default-policy.rst,u
nified

There seems to be some discussion within the spec on the need for a
Project Owner (line 83) and an Observer (line 117).

- Project Owners "gives users administrative rights within a project.”

- Observers "allows a user to discover the resources available across
OpenStack, regardless of tenancy, but have no access to create, modify, or
delete resources. This has been termed variously the accountant, the
auditor, or the observer role."

Cheers,

Piet