[Product] Text from PWG to PTLs for roadmap

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Mon Feb 22 22:19:16 UTC 2016

Hi team,

As promised, here’s the email template you can use to send a request to PTLs:
Email template:
Hi [PTL Name],
The Product Work Group is building OpenStack’s roadmap, and I’m here to help you ensure [Project] is accurately represented in the Mitaka release and beyond. We value your time in this busy season, so we tried to make this as easy as possible--just a few questions by email and a quick phone call.

When are you available to chat for 15 minutes between March 1-10? Please suggest a couple of times, and call me at [your phone number or skype handle] or let me know how to best reach you.

Here’s the information I need:
What are the most significant two or three features or enhancements that [project] will deliver in the Mitaka release?
Why are these features or enhancements important to users?
Looking ahead to Newton’s release in seven months, what significant features do you anticipate [project] will start/ stop/ continue to develop?
Looking ahead one year to the Ocata release, which of the following themes will be most significant in [project’s] development? (Themes: Modularity, Manageability, Scalability, Resiliency, Interoperability)

To speed up our phone conversation, please answer the questions above with an email reply. I’ll be creating a powerpoint slide to represent [project] in the Mitaka release and the roadmap we present in Austin.

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to speaking with you in the next two weeks.
[Your name]

Also, you should know that the text and more details on the project are in this source file, which was linked to our etherpad from the mid cycle:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ffBedyPfvYh4olYfUpFVJuSNxyNWqLlDuZQWSK-peug/edit <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ffBedyPfvYh4olYfUpFVJuSNxyNWqLlDuZQWSK-peug/edit>

Cheers,
Heidi Joy

______
Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager, OpenStack Foundation
503 816 9769  |  skype: heidi.tretheway