[Product] Capacity Management: Request for Volunteers

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:01:16 UTC 2016

Hi Tim,

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:

> Are you intereted in private clouds or only CSPs ?

We are interested in both since the resulting user story or content shared
in the community should reflect all needs plus it would be great to see if
there are any complimentary or conflicting requirements for capacity/quota
management between those models.

> I’d be pleased to help out with CERN’s experiences given private cloud
> quota management and capacity planning.

Thank you!  I will be taking you up on the offer.  I will start a thread
once we have a few more participants.

> Tim
>

> On 14/04/16 23:13, "Shamail Tahir" <itzshamail at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >The team had discussed the capacity management user story[1] a couple of
> >weeks ago and, in our discussion, determined that we had different
> >perspectives on how quotas are being leveraged by providers.  The team had
> >determined that the best course of action would be to create a white paper
> >that provides various examples of how they are being leveraged today.  I
> am
> >emailing you today to ask for volunteers for this white-paper.  If we can
> >get 2-3 different organizations to share how they use quotas then we can
> >use that information to further refine the user story.  Please let me know
> >if you can help, I would also be glad to help write it as long as you can
> >provide subject-matter expertise.
> >
> >On a related topic, can you please look at the message sent by Vilobh[2]
> in
> >regards to reservations for quotas?  Please share your perspective so it
> is
> >also taken into account...
> >
> >[1]
> >
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-user-stories/user-stories/proposed/capacity_management.html