[Product] A few notes from UX Work Session

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Wed Oct 28 08:09:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

A few notes from the UX Work Session today as there were a couple of
things that I thought were worth sharing with the broader Product WG
(hereafter PrWG) community. http://sched.co/4QeL

Etherpad is here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tokyo-ux-research

* Persona Effort *
Piet noted that the PrWG effort to do User Stories has been valuable,
but slightly problematic (my word, not his) in that it is a generic
"User" rather than (say) a specific person/role (sysadmin, operator, dev
etc) - they can be a bit broad.

The inference being it will be handy to look at how we can eventually
map these emerging Personas onto User Stories to provide more granularity

Persona info:
https://wiki.openstack.org/w/images/b/b6/Profile_templates_2-1-.pdf

It seems to me that PrWG could usefully review/provide input into the
different personas defined - I'll investigate how we might do this.

* Horizon UX *
Some discussion about the overall user experience for Horizon.  As it
had been topical to some stuff I was doing at work, I put in a note
about Accessibility related research/improvements.

* Surveys *
Piet asked if there are research needs within PrWG that the UX group can
assist with - helping validate surveys etc. as an example.

I said I'd run this by the broader group and report.

Hope the above helps, incomplete though I'm sure it is!

Cheers,
Hugh