[Product] [OpenStack] Update From Today's Board and TC Discussions

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Mon Oct 26 12:02:10 UTC 2015

Team - I wanted to pass along some notes from today's Board update and Board/TC meeting. If you were in the room today, pls feel free to add your thoughts too.

First off, I want you all to know that we continue to have strong support from the Board and the TC for our mission and activities. What I think is most compelling to them is:
1)      The vision that our Community developers are working on the features/bugs/capabilities that are most meaningful to Customers.
2)      That we have well-formed user stories that provide a context for developers and why the user story matters
3)      That we can produce a roadmap that communicates with current and future Operators what's coming in future releases to accelerate OpenStack deployments and expansions.

What I found most encouraging is:
1)      PTLs asking for the top 3 priorities for their projects.
2)      Even though PTLs are elected every 6 months (and just ahead of the design conference), there is no expectation that a new PTL makes significant changes the direction of the project. A PTL said, if that happens, it's a sign something is broken.
3)      The outspoken support for working through the integration of the Product Work Group user stories into release priorities and helping us to figure out how to align our timelines.

That's all good stuff, but there's still much work to be done this week to advance our initiative. On Tuesday there are 2 sessions that are important for us to engage in. They are:
*       Establishing Key Themes for Mitaka
o       11:15 - 11:55, Crown room (Bldg 4, B1F), http://sched.co/4QeT
o       Etherpad link: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-cross-project-themes-for-mitaka
*       Cross Project Workshop - Troubleshooting cross project comms
o       4:40pm - 5:20pm, Crown room (Bldg 4, B1F), http://sched.co/4Qah
o       Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-crossproject-comms

I will be able to attend Establishing Key Themes for Mitaka, but have a conflict for a Live Upgrades session for the Cross Project Comms session. Can someone cover that? Or cover the Live Upgrades so I can attend the Comms session?

Thanks,
Carol