[Product] [product-wg] roadmap workflow

Scott Drennan scottd at nuagenetworks.net
Mon Mar 2 21:31:23 UTC 2015

The challenge I see with presenting the output of the socialization activity to the Operators as a roadmap is that we didn't ask the PTLs for their roadmap, we asked them what they were working on.  The process I recall discussing was:

Gather information from PTLs
refine and consolidate into something coherent
validate with PTLs
present more broadly

with a target for Step 4 in Vancouver.  This gives the PTLs a chance to see what each other have shared, and possibly change some of their answers.

We're still at step 1, so sharing this in a roadmap-ish format at the Operators meetup seems premature to me.  Am I being overly cautious here?

cheers,
Scott