[Product] Time to Pick Topics

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Mon Jan 19 21:45:26 UTC 2015

sean roberts [mailto:seanroberts66 at gmail.com], Monday, January 19, 2015 1:18 PM wrote:

The win the enterprise group continues to come up with use cases. It's working on adding filling gaps in the docs as well.

Between the operator, win the enterprise groups, this subteam would isolate and test out those use cases and publish the results?
[Rockyg]
Excellent question.  I think it would be really useful to have/get a quick overview of these non-developer groups and their charter/mission.  I was under the impression that the win the enterprise group was a cross between product marketing and product management?  Not sure.

My thoughts on the reference architecture team(s) would be that as a cross project group, they could identify/specify architectures based on use cases, then work together to define, document, automate installation and interop testing and publish all of the generated information.

I think, after the initial implement/document/publish cycle, the hardest part will be updating for every OpenStack release.  And, if the devs get the upgrade process correct, then it might mostly be documenting the new and deprecated features.

The key take away here is that there should be a less than one day process for any of the endusers to install a small multimode cloud for their own purposes, similar to what devstack does for devs.  And for endusers, it needs to be extremely well documented.

This could even be used in training courses for the lab work phases.

--Rocky