[Product] Status of features

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at ovh.net
Fri Aug 21 10:00:23 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I have a question, maybe the response already exist but I can’t remember of anything like this.
Where can I found something telling me what is stable, deprecated (with ETA) and experimental (with ETA too) with a granularity like features?

Example: I see there is two versions of load balancing in Neutron.
- /lb is v1 and seems to be deprecated next release
- /lbaas is v2, still marked as experimental on the API page and should be flagged as stable next release
(information from rm_work on #openstack-lbaas, thanks to him)

This information is true now, what means someone who wanted to run kilo should know that LB feature should change soon.
Someone who want to run Icehouse should know LB v2 is coming but 3 releases separated his production to the stable upstream LB v2.

Wiki pages and API pages are often outdated.
Have you already think about providing and maintain this kind of information? Maybe you already have something like that?

Rgds,

--
Jean-Daniel
@pilgrimstack