[Product] [OpenStack][Product Work Group] Time to vote on User Stories

Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com Arkady_Kanevsky at DELL.com
Sun Aug 16 02:02:13 UTC 2015

Carol,
I only counted 12 stories so I voted 12 to 1.
Also while re-reading all of them I realized that I am judging them in 3 ways:

1.       Importance - this is primary one. On the impact for user communities.

2.       Readiness to generate user storied from it and level of details provided.

3.       Dependencies between the stories. I found in order to provide solution to one story another story need to be solved.

Finally, while I think rolling upgrade is highest priority I am not sure what Product WG need to do given that Kolla working group already working on it. So what extra help we can provide is not clear.

Thanks,
Arkady

-----Original Message-----
From: Barrett, Carol L [mailto:carol.l.barrett at intel.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 10:02 AM
To: product-wg at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [Product] [OpenStack][Product Work Group] Time to vote on User Stories

Hi Team - Another good working session yesterday, I think we've got an impactful set of User Stories. The next step is to prioritize them. In the meeting yesterday we decided to use a voting method for this.

In the User Story Tracker, User Story tab, you will find a list of the User Stories we've reviewed. There are 13 that we want to vote on to establish priorities by end of day 8/18/15 (prior to the start of our mid-cycle meetup). Starting in Column I, I have added a column for each person who logged into the etherpads for the review sessions this week. If you don't see your name, pls add it in a blank column. For each User Story, pls enter a value between 13 (highest priority) and 1 (lowest priority). You do not need to vote on the user stories below the red line now, we'll come back to them shortly.

At our Mid-cycle we'll review the outcome and decide how many of the top priority user stories we have resources in the team to work on for the Mikata design summit, ask for volunteers to own and set plan for next stage of our work.

If you have any questions, pls ask!
Thanks
Carol

User Story Folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxtM4AiszlEyfm9UTW5LMEQ5cUhHbmFsSkd5WFNfdTMwVFIwRUM1TVFXSHhhWHl6VHlpRzg&usp=sharing