[Product] [OpenStack][Product WG] Next Round of User Story discussion/prioritization

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 02:10:47 UTC 2015

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the additions!  The group doesn't normally idle on IRC.  I am on
sporadically (as 'shamail') along with a few others.  We have a recurring
meeting every Monday at 1900 UTC and we use both an IRC channel
(#openstack-meeting) and a conference line.  We will be skipping the
meeting this coming Monday since a lot of people are traveling for the ops
summit and we also have our mid-cycle later in the week.

Meeting Agenda (and a link to logs from previous meetings) can be found at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/product-team.

Thanks,
Shamail

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Jesse Cook <jesse.cook at rackspace.com>
wrote:

> I added some thoughts about Infinite Elasticity and Reserving Resources
> for Applications to the etherpad:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/User_Story_Discussion_2 . Hopefully this
> is useful for the refactoring of the user stories.
>
> Is there an IRC channel for the group? Also, are the meetings at a
> regularly scheduled time in a specific channel? I’m having a hard time
> finding the channel and time on the wiki. Thanks!
>
> Jesse
>

> On 8/13/15, 4:08 PM, "jay" <jay at kruemcke.com> wrote:
>
> >I added a list of Gaps to the  "Onboarding Legacy apps into OpenStack"
> >user story document
> >

> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HGfmQkJry_dlkdN2RpS7nAsn1M_4UIlqdI-dFOPW
> >ZWY
> >
> >     Jay (aka Cloudrancher)
> >

> >---- On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 16:02:49 -0700  Carol L Barrett
> ><carol.l.barrett at intel.com> wrote ----
> >
> >Team - Good working session today! We covered 12 user stories and had
> >good discussion around how to improve/target them. Thanks to everyone!
> >The etherpad for the session is here:
> >https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/User_Story_Discussion_1
> >
> >In tomorrow’s session my proposal for our agenda is:
> >* Complete review of the remaining 7+ user stories (some will be
> >developed and added tonight)
> >* Identify which user stories we want to combine and owners to complete
> >that
> >* Discuss Prioritization Criteria
> >o We had defined 3 criteria and it appears that all/most of our user
> >stories are meeting them
> >o So how do we rank them? Where do we draw the cut line for the ones
> >we'll focus on for this Pilot cycle?
> >* Prioritize
> >* Discuss Next Steps and any deliverables for our Mid-Cycle work
> >
> >Meeting Logistics:
> >8/13/15, 21:00 - 23:00 UTC
> >Voice Bridgeː Access: (888) 875-9370, Bridge: 3; Passcode: 1278598
> >Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/User_Story_Discussion_2
> >
> >Pls send thoughts on the agenda and add comments to the Etherpads, User
> >Stories and Tracker.
> >Talk to you tomorrow.
> >Carol

Shamail Tahir