[Openstack] Problems with SFC Devstack Ocata

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:09:24 UTC 2018

Hi all, I've installed Openstack Ocata using devstack. 1 controller +
compute and 2 compute nodes. Than I have followed
https://docs.openstack.org/networking...
<https://docs.openstack.org/networking-sfc/latest/install/configuration.html>
and https://docs.openstack.org/networking...
<https://docs.openstack.org/networking-sfc/latest/contributor/system_design_and_workflow.html>

to deploy a SFC. In my setup I have: 6 ports 1 src attached to port 1 1 dst
attached to port 6 2 SFs respectively attached to port 2 and 3 and port 4
and 5. Everything is in the same subnet.

I have 3 problems/questions:

1: I don't know why, the VMs are instantiated only in the
Controller+Compute node. Maybe a problem of Ocata?

I did a capture on the tap interface referred to the ports. I noticed that

2: Only the first packet is in the instances selected as VNF and not all
the packets. At src and dst I see all the packets

3: I have checked the timestamp of the firts packet and they have a wrong
order, in particular: src, dst, VNF1, VNF2

Moreover, I would like to know how to add onos as in these slides
https://www.openstack.org/assets/pres...
<https://www.openstack.org/assets/presentation-media/SFC-for-OpenStack-Austin-Aummit-publich.pdf>,
and what Onos controlls in this case.

Is anyone able to help me?