[Openstack] Pike: Keystone setup problem (in Docker container...)

Matthias Leopold matthias.leopold at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 9 14:48:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Cinder as a standalone service with Docker using the
blockbox system (contrib/blockbox in the Cinder source distribution). I
was inspired by this manual:
https://thenewstack.io/deploying-cinder-stand-alone-storage-service/.

This works quite well with Cinder’s noauth option as described above.
Now i want/have to add Keystone to the mix. I built the Keystone image
and added a custom init script to initialize Keystone when fired up and
a certain environment is set. For this i followed instructions from
https://docs.openstack.org/keystone/pike/install/keystone-install-rdo.html.

This works to the point where "keystone-manage bootstrap" is called.
This fails with:

CRITICAL keystone [req-45247f41-0e4f-4cc7-8bb8-60c3793489b9 - - - - -]
Unhandled error: TypeError: unpackb() got an unexpected keyword argument
'raw'

Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

Of course my setup is rather special so I'll mention some more details:
Docker host system: CentOS 7
Docker version: 18.06.1-ce, build e68fc7a
Keystone branch: stable/pike
Platform (for docker images): centos:7

I additionally rolled the python2-pyasn1 package into the Keystone
image, but that didn't help. The "keystone" database in the "mariadb"
container is initialized and accessible from the "keystone" container, i
checked that.

I know this is a rather exotic case, but maybe someone recognizes the
obvious problem. I'm not an OpenStack expert (want to use Cinder for oVirt).

thx
Matthias