[Openstack] my ask.openstack.org question has waited for moderator approval for 17 days

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Mon Nov 26 18:01:25 UTC 2018

Hi all -

Just a quick follow up on this... I just discovered a quirky UX bug that
might explain some frustration people have been having with the
moderation.  There were messages dating back to March 2018.  Basically,
when you click to approve/disapprove/etc... it appears that the queue is
cleared. But if you go to the menu and go back to the moderation page
(or just reload), you get a whole new batch.  My guess is moderators
have been thinking they're clearing things out, but not. I know that's
what happened to me multiple times over a period of many months.

I've since really and truly cleared out the queue.  I found about 25
users that were spammers and blocked all of them.  I also auto-approved
anyone that was a valid poster so they can post without moderation
moving forward.

Ask.openstack.org is still a valued tool for our community and another
way for people to engage outside of the mls.  It's full of not just
valid questions, but a lot of valid answers.  I highly encourage those
that are curious about becoming a moderator to check it out and let me
know. I'm happy to elevate your user to a moderator if you want to
contribute.

Cheers,
Jimmy