[Openstack] Network setup problem

Minjun Hong nickeysgo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:18:47 UTC 2018

Hi, I'm installing Openstack manually and that means I don't use automation
tools such as Devstack or Packstack.

During the setup process, because of the problem, I have not been able to
progress for three days at this stage! I guess that is caused by network
settings.
First of all, after I describe the network environment I'm in (here is a
school), you'll understand what my problem is.
Here, for Internet connection, every node (PC or server) needs manual IP
like below figure.

https://imgur.com/4ZkdxqO

I made up the figure, guessing how the network structure is organized.
So, it could be wrong.
What is remarkable is that every time I reboot, a bridge of which name
starts with 'brqf' is created, and suddenly the Internet does not work on
the controller node.
The local network is normally connected and DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG
error occurs in the internet browser.
If I remove the bridge, Internet becomes available again.
The weird bridge also emerges on the controller node, but Internet is
working on the node well.
In addition, I heard that compute node needs more than 2 NIC but, I'm
curious about how to configure that.

In fact, I was using this link (
https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/openstack-services.html#minimal-deployment-for-queens)
to proceed with the installation.
And I choose 'Provider network' from the Openstack networking options
(Provider networks and Self-service networks).
After I finished minimal installation for Queens, I attempted to create an
instance.
However, the error occurs and it is following:

2018-11-16 15:12:05.491+0000: libxl:
> libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge
> online [7254] exited with error status 1
> 2018-11-16 15:12:05.491+0000: libxl:
> libxl_device.c:1286:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script: ip link set
> vif1.0 name tap4dcb475d-8f failed
> 2018-11-16 15:12:05.491+0000: libxl:
> libxl_create.c:1522:domcreate_attach_devices: Domain 1:unable to add vif
> devices

The message is from libxl (libvirt) log
(/etc/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log).
I suppose that the error is caused due to wrong network setting in the host
or wrong network configuration of Openstack.
But, I was not able to start solving this problem because I do not know
what I should do first.
I have no idea about that problem at all !

Please help me.