[Openstack] Openstack maintenance updates - how to?

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Tue Nov 13 10:05:44 UTC 2018

Hi colleagues,

we're using Openstack from Ubuntu repositories. Everything is perfect
except cases when I manually apply patches before supplier (e.g.
Canonical) will issue updated versions. The problem is that it happens
not immediately and not with the next update, thus all patches I applied
manually, will be overwrited back during next update.

How you, firends, deal with this? Is "manual" (as described above) way
is the most safe and reliable? Or may be there is "stable" branch of
Openstack components which can be used as maintenance? Or whether
"master" branch is good and safe source for updating Openstack
components is such way?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison