[Openstack] [nova] PCI alias attribute numa_policy ignored when flavor has hw:cpu_policy=dedicated set

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 13:27:52 UTC 2018

Mike,

I had same issue month ago when I roll out sriov in my cloud and this is what I did to solve this issue. Set following in flavor

hw:numa_nodes=2

It will spread out instance vcpu across numa, yes there will be little penalty but if you tune your application according they you are good

Yes this is bug I have already open ticket and I believe folks are working on it but its not simple fix. They may release new feature in coming oprnstack release.

Sent from my iPhone