[Openstack] [glance] task in pending state, image in uploading state

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:07:38 UTC 2018

Trying Glance's new import process, my images are all stuck in status
uploading (both methods glance-direct and web-download).

I can see that there are tasks for those images; they are pending. The
Glance API log doesn't contain anything that clues me in (debug logging
is enabled).

The source code is too involved for my feeble Python and OpenStack
Internals skills.

*How can I find out what blocks the tasks? *

This is a stable Rocky Devstack without any customization of the Glance
config.