[Openstack] [Fuel] How to set bonding included admin network by using network template?

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 07:45:06 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm using Fuel community 11 to install Openstack, and I'm using network
template to set the network for my own reason.

I tried to set bonding with 2 NICs, and bonding mode is 6 (blanace-alb).
Then planned all networks going to do tagged VLAN except PXE network, and
all networks are going to use bonding interface as traffic.

network_scheme:
  bond_setup:
    transformations:
      - action: add-bond
        bond_properties:
          mode: balance-alb
          type__: linux
          xmit_hash_policy: layer2
          lacp_rate: fast
        interface_properties: {}
        interfaces:
        - <% if1 %>
        - <% if2 %>
        name: bond0
    endpoints:
      - bond0
    roles:
      fake/use: br-fake
  fuel_fw_admin:
    transformations:
      - action: add-br
        name: br-fw-admin
      - action: add-port
        bridge: br-fw-admin
        name: bond0
    endpoints:
      - br-fw-admin
    roles:
      admin/pxe: br-fw-admin
      fw-admin: br-fw-admin

Now the problem is, I tried to upload this template to my environment, but
it says :

Networks cannot be assigned as interface with named bond0 does not exist
for node.

Already searched the internet but no answer.
Can someone help me?