[Openstack] [libvirt][nova] What can be used as equivalent to libvirt network hooks file?

Palin, Francois Francois.Palin at windriver.com
Sat May 12 18:03:08 UTC 2018

Hi Fabian,

I'm working on a specific issue where an interface is configured up for sriov physical function passthrough.
The instance boot command can then specify to use that interface as either pci-sriov or pci-passthrough.

Now the following is a known issue:  If the PF is used, the VF number stored in the sriov_numvfs file is lost.
If the PF is attached again to the operating system, the number of VFs assigned to this interface will be zero.
And the recommended fix for this is to create an /sbin/ifup-local file that will set sriov_numvfs
back to its original value.

The problem I have now is that our setup/framework prevents the /sbin/ifup-local from being called.
So I'm trying to figure out a way to execute a script once the PF gets re-attached the operating system,
to put sriov_numvfs back to its original value.

I will now look into your suggestions below.

Thanks again,

François