[Openstack] Query regarding Tacker of Openstack

Cong Phuoc Hoang phuoc.hc at dcn.ssu.ac.kr
Fri May 11 08:40:43 UTC 2018

Hi Aparna,

As I know, Tacker just support updating VNF with mgmt driver is openwrt.
That means you can update config file for OpenWRT instances to update the
rules in firewall, dns, dhcp, etc.  You can look at this link:
https://docs.openstack.org/tacker/latest/install/deploy_openwrt.html to see
more details.

For now, you can not update VNF by changing VNF's user-data. If you want to
update it, I think you can contribute to Tacker for this purpose xD. Main
procedure in Tacker is translating from TOSCA VNF template to HOT template,
then deploy it on OpenStack as a stack in HEAT. I think we can use "Heat
stack update" to do that. When I check Heat document, there are no example
for updating stack (
https://docs.openstack.org/heat/queens/getting_started/create_a_stack.html),
but I still hope we can do it like this way. In the bad way, we can delete
stack and respawn new stack, but I dont like it.

You can contact us via IRC channel: #tacker. If you have any problem, you
can contact me. I am happy to help you when I have some time.

Best regards,

Phuoc.