[Openstack] Upgrade Pike to Queens on Ubuntu

Marcio Prado marcioprado at marcioprado.eti.br
Wed May 9 19:17:47 UTC 2018

Hi Marco,

To upgrade from Ocata to Pike yes, follow the procedures I performed.

But from the Pike version to Queens I have not yet realized ...

Here are the steps:

UPDATE OPENSTACK VERSION OCETA FOR PIKE UBUNTU

UPDATE OF THE CONTROLLER Node

1) PAUSE ALL SERVICES
service glance-registry stop
service glance-api stop
service nova-api stop
service nova-conductor stop
service nova-consoleauth stop
service nova-novncproxy stop
service nova-scheduler stop
service neutron-server stop
service neutron-linuxbridge-agent stop
service neutron-dhcp-agent stop
service neutron-metadata-agent stop
service neutron-l3-agent stop
service apache2 stop

2) REMOVE THE OCATA REPOSITORY
add-apt-repository --remove cloud-archive:ocata

3) ADD THE PIKE REPOSITORY
add-apt-repository cloud-archive:pike

4) UPDATE PACKAGES
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

5) FORCED OPENSTACK PACKAGE UPDATE
apt-get install list of all packages not installed

6) ACCEPT THE INSTALLATION AND SUB-SUBSTITUTION OF THE CONFIGURATION
FILES (A COPY OF THE PRESENT CONFIGURATIONS SHALL BE MADE)
Choose the option: Y

In my case, the substitute archives were:

/etc/nova/nova.conf
/etc/keystone/keystone-paste.ini
/etc/keystone/keystone.conf
/etc/neutron/l3_agent.ini
/etc/neutron/neutron.conf
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/linuxbridge_agent.ini
/etc/neutron/metadata_agent.ini
/etc/neutron/dhcp_agent.ini
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
/etc/glance/glance-registry.conf
/etc/glance/glance-api.conf
/etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py

Note: The old configuration files have an extension: .dpkg.conf

7) COMPARE THE SUBMITTED FILES OF ITEM 6, WITH THE FILES .dpkg.conf
MAKING THE CHANGES NECESSARY

8) UPDATE DATA BANK
su -s /bin/sh -c "keystone-manage token_flush" keystone
su -s /bin/sh -c "keystone-manage db_sync" keystone
su -s /bin/sh -c "glance-manage db_sync" glance
su -s /bin/sh -c "nova-manage db sync" nova
su -s /bin/sh -c "nova-manage api_db sync" nova
su -s /bin/sh -c "neutron-db-manage upgrade heads" neutron
su -s /bin/sh -c "nova-manage db online_data_migrations" neutron

9) REMOVING UNNECESSARY PACKAGES
apt autoremove

10) RESET SYSTEM
reboot

UPDATE NODES COMPUTER

1) PAUSE ALL SERVICES
/etc/init.d/nova-compute stop
/etc/init.d/neutron-linuxbridge-agent stop
/etc/init.d/neutron-linuxbridge-cleanup stop
/etc/init.d/ceilometer-agent-compute stop

2) REMOVE THE OCATA REPOSITORY
add-apt-repository --remove cloud-archive:ocata

3) ADD THE PIKE REPOSITORY
add-apt-repository cloud-archive:pike

4) UPDATE PACKAGES
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

5) FORCED OPENSTACK PACKAGE UPDATE
apt-get install list of all packages not installed

6) ACCEPT THE INSTALLATION AND SUB-SUBSTITUTION OF THE CONFIGURATION
FILES (A COPY OF THE PRESENT CONFIGURATIONS SHALL BE MADE)
School option: Y

In my case, the substitute archives were:
/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf
/etc/ceilometer/ceilometer.conf
/etc/nova/nova.conf