[Openstack] HA Compute & Instance Evacuation

Torin Woltjer torin.woltjer at granddial.com
Wed May 2 18:43:10 UTC 2018

I am working on setting up Openstack for HA and one of the last orders of
business is getting HA behavior out of the compute nodes. Is there a project
that will automatically evacuate instances from a downed or failed compute
host, and automatically reboot them on their new host? I'm curious what
suggestions people have about this, or whatever advice you might have. Is
there a best way of getting this functionality, or anything else I should be
aware of?