[Openstack] [Fuel] add custom settings to a fuel deploy

Jim Okken jim at jokken.com
Tue May 1 22:42:23 UTC 2018

hi Jitendra,
thanks very much for your reply!

We deploy with the UI and right now the environment is set and we only add
compute nodes.
In the past we deployed one compute node at a time but now that we
understand the process we deploy multiple, 3 or 5 compute nodes at a time.
Honestly though going fwd it could be 1 or multiple nodes at a time.
This is an growing internal-use environment, but we have 23 compute nodes
right now, so we are going to be growing it slower going fwd.

Right now we have some simple shell scripts which we run after a successful
deploy, these set the settings in the config files and restart openstack
services. But until those scripts are run the environment is missing those
needed additions and not really usable.
Not a huge problem for an internal-use environment, but we would like to
have no downtime.
Also it is HA so we have 3 controllers.

thanks!!

-- Jim