[Openstack] No ping or SSH to the instance

wahi wahi at sci.am
Wed Mar 28 18:38:09 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I installed Openstack ocata using the packstack on Centos 7, so there is
a controller node, network node and four compute nodes.

I created the private and public network. The instance is running and
getting the internal IP then I am associating the external IP without
any problem.

 From the network node I can use:
ip netns exec qroute-ID ping external-IP or SSH

But no ping or ssh using the ping or ssh command from the network or
controller node or even the compute node where the instance is running.

No selinux or firewall on all nodes.

SSH enabled between controller and all remaining nodes.

Security rules for SSH and ping has been added.

Really appreciate any help or suggestion to identify the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
  Wahi