[Openstack] [Neutron][DVR] Network issue during migration

Brian Haley haleyb.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:05:55 UTC 2018

On 03/21/2018 05:38 PM, Mārtiņš Jakubovičs wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> Yes, after migration it works well, but during migration it is not.

Ok, so somehow neutron is configuring things too early, updating the
floating IP (and your ARP cache), before the instance has finished
migration.  It would be good if you could look at the nova and neutron
logs to help piece this together - i.e. when is nova telling neutron to
configure the migrated port, etc.

Also, without looking at what's changed since Newton, trying a live
migration on plain Ocata (or Pike) would be a good data point, just in
case there was a bug somewhere that is now fixed.

Thanks,

-Brian