[Openstack] nova live migration setup

Torin Woltjer torin.woltjer at granddial.com
Wed Mar 21 21:36:39 UTC 2018

This cluster is still predeployment so some information isn't locked in place but currently:
We are using libvirt/kvm for the hypervisor.
The network is 2 primary VLANs on a 10GiB bond (one VLAN for provider, one for Management & Storage).
Network  load is currently very low, but I can expect it to be under reasonable load. I expect the majority of load to be from storage on the VMs and VOIP traffic.

The real intention of using live migration for us is only for compute node maintenance (without downtime), and not much else.