[Openstack] nova live migration setup

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Wed Mar 21 21:07:48 UTC 2018

Best practice is to use shared storage and then the "copy" is really only
the active memory. A few changes came about in about the newton? timeframe
that allows for some memory convergence.

Take a look at the nova release notes from that time forward and you should
see reference to the change(s).

You likely won't get much more detail without providing a lot more detail
about your environment (and maybe not even then.) This functionality is
very dependent on your specific configuration regarding:
storage design
hypervisor choice
and is also very dependent upon
network load