[Openstack] HA Guide, no Ubuntu instructions for HA Identity

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Mon Mar 19 14:59:45 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Torin Woltjer
<torin.woltjer at granddial.com> wrote:
> I guess it depends on how large the fish you're trying to catch are, or
> whether they can fly or not. What I'm wondering then is, what are the
> downsides of metaphorically fishing with an aircraft carrier? Is there a
> performance benefit to using keepalived over pacemaker? As I already have
> pacemaker set up with my haproxy, what am I losing out on by not fishing
> with a skiff?

If you're already happy with and currently using Pacemaker for this
purpose, then by all means carry on. Keepalived is lighter weight, but
probably not so much that you'll notice. I tend to use Pacemaker when
I need to make several things fail over together and Keepalived when I
just need to float an IP between a few machines. It's just personal
preference really.