[Openstack] Devstack installation with multiple public networks and ODL

d.lake at surrey.ac.uk d.lake at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 07:50:45 UTC 2018

Hello

I have built the following:

  *   CONTROL server.  Single GigE interface, compute services disabled.
  *   COMPUTE server.   -
     *   GigE on same network as CONTROL server
     *   4 x 10GE interfaces configured identically:
        *   OVSBridge ports (named br-physnet1 to br-physnet4)
        *   Physical interfaces em1 to em4 connected to above bridges.
        *   OVS sees these bridge ports
        *   In local.conf on the compute server I have the following:
Q_ML2_PLUGIN_MECHANISM_DRIVERS=opendaylight,logger
Q_L3_ENABLED=True
PUBLIC_BRIDGE=br-physnet1
PUBLIC_PHYSICAL_NETWORK=physnet1,physnet2,physnet3,physnet4
#PUBLIC_PHYSICAL_NETWORK=physnet1
#ODL_PROVIDER_MAPPINGS=${PUBLIC_PHYSICAL_NETWORK}:br-physnet1
ODL_PROVIDER_MAPPINGS=physnet1:br-physnet1,physnet2:br-physnet2,physnet3:br-physnet3,physnet4:br-physnet4
#ODL_PROVIDER_MAPPINGS=physnet1:br-physnet1
ODL_L3=True

"Stack" works fine, but I have two issues:

  1.  I seem to need to include multiple external-facing Ethernet ports in the local.conf on the CONTROL server even though the CONTROL server requires no external network access.

  1.  When I try to add Neutron networks to match the external physnet1 to physnet4 definitions, I can add a network for physnet1 but physnet2, physnet3 and physnet4 give this error:

Invalid input for operation: physical_network 'physnet2' unknown for flat provider network.

With the physnet1 network, everything works as expected.

Can someone help me determine what the CORRECT local.conf should be in order to build the architecture I need to create please?

Thank you

David Lake