[Openstack] Some questions about "Cinder Multi-Attach" in Openstack Queens

Van Leeuwen, Robert rovanleeuwen at ebay.com
Tue Mar 6 09:34:51 UTC 2018

# I  installed the openstack queens use devstack. I want to test the "Cinder Multi-Attach" function
# 3. mount the volume , create some file,but the file don't sync between the two instance,It seems that they are two independent volumes

Did you unmount the filesystem on the first node before mounting it on the second node?
You cannot mount a filesystem on 2 nodes at the same time unless you are using a shared-disk filesystem. (e.g. something like gfs2 ).

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen