[Openstack] [Fuel] Fresh install of fuel-community 11.0 skips setup to login prompt with no MOTD

Joel Cressy joel at jtcressy.net
Tue Jun 12 22:16:44 UTC 2018

Hi all,

It was working previously, but on a freshly-made VM and a fuel-community 11.0 iso the installer completes and reboots the vm but at no point was I presented with the fuel setup TUI to setup my networking or set passwords, etc. It’s inaccessible because I don’t know what the root password is nor what IP it’s using. I’ve tried to reboot it and reinstall it with the iso, but it keeps doing the same thing and i’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Is there a way for me to find out the default root password and then manually start the fuel-setup TUI?

Thanks,
-Joel Cressy