[Openstack] On Ubuntu 18.04, the package "gnocchi-api" install tries to remove both "keystone" and "openstack-dashboard"!

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:57:51 UTC 2018

Corey,

 I still don't get it... The package gnocchi-api is basically empty.

 It have only 1 single text file:
"/etc/apache2/sites-available/gnocchi-api.conf"!

 The problem is that it depends on "python3-gnocchi" and
"libapache2-mod-wsgi-py3", which brings the problem...

 So, the workaround looks quite simple!

 Instead of running "apt install gnocchi-api", I'm doing:

---
 apt install python-gnocchi # which brings Gnocchi API
(/usr/bin/gnocchi-api) for Python 2, then:

 apt download gnocchi-api

 # Extract the "/etc/apache2/sites-available/gnocchi-api.conf" file out
from "gnocchi-api_4.2.4-0ubuntu1_all.deb" and manually copy to
/etc/apache/sites-available".
---