[Openstack] Openstack monitoring

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:40:14 UTC 2018

Folks,

I am sure many folks asked this question in past and which include me,
How to monitor openstack best and easy way.

I just finish openstack-ansible deployment in LXC container and it
seems more component i need to monitor, I have couple of question in
mind for folks who already using OSA or similar deployment tool for
cloud, How do you monitor your cloud

This is what i have on my tables and want second opinion from
community before i stamp on it.

1. Monasca   ( I have zero experience )
2. Nagios
3. Icing
4. ELK  ( This is analyzer so not a true monitoring )
5. Xymon
6. Zabbix
7. ???

I am using OSA lxc containers so i have to install monitoring agent on
each container, to get true service alerts or is there any other
method which we can use to monitor.