[Openstack] URGENT - Live migration error DestinationDiskExists

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Jul 26 06:50:09 UTC 2018

I assume /var/lib/nova/ uses shared storage and is mounted on the
compute node(s)? It sounds like the directory already existed before
it was configured to use shared storage or something. I believe I had
a similar issue some time ago, I can't remember every detail, but
although I believed that /var/lib/nova was mounted it actually was
not. So make sure your configuration is correct, maybe delete the
respective directory. Since you are using ceph as backend there isn't
any data except a console.log file in that directory, so it should be
safe. But you'll have to double check that before deleting anything,
of course!

Regards