[Openstack] [Telemetry] RPC Message TTL for Ceilometer Notification Agent

Hang Yang skinnyh92 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:52:07 UTC 2018

Hi there,

I have a question about rpc_message_ttl for ceilometer service. I'm using
queens ceilometer with gnocchi and rabbitmq. I recently noticed that
ceilometer notification agent was receiving old metrics sent by polling
agent on hypervisor from a few days ago. Since the default rpc_message_ttl
is set to 300s, does anyone know how could that happen?

I didn't want to receive those old metrics as they were in large scale and
choke the notification agent (stuck in high cpu usage). I had to purge
rabbitmq to fix that issue but wondering if there is any configuration I
can do to prevent it happen again?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Hang