[Openstack] How to make Neutron select a specific subnet when boot an instance

Hang Yang skinnyh92 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:33:34 UTC 2018

Hi there,

I have one question about choosing a specific subnet when boot a vm. My
OpenStack cluster is in Queens and I have multiple subnets in one network.
What I want is when I issue a boot command the instance only gets ip from
one subnet by default. I know there is a way to achieve that by creating a
port with --fixed-ip subnet=xxx then pass the port id to boot command.
Wondering if there is another way that does not need manually create the
port? Is there any configuration I can do to make it default for Neutron to
only pick one subnet from a network in boot?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Hang