[Openstack] NUMA some of the time?

Fabrizio Soppelsa fsoppels at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 15:35:00 UTC 2018

Greetings Toni,
Not sure I'm answering, but just as a quick note you can prioritize NUMA
and CPU-pinning by creating dedicated flavors [1] with something like:

openstack flavor set m1.largenuma --property hw:numa_cpus.0=0,1 --property
hw:numa_mem.0=2048

Usually NUMA cores are reserved or shared only for specific fixed ops, and
I'm not sure what you mean by "throwing off more cores" in case of need,
probably you need to look into something like Heat autoscale?

Cheers,
Fabrizio

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/nova/pike/admin/cpu-topologies.html