[Openstack] Recovering from full outage

Torin Woltjer torin.woltjer at granddial.com
Tue Jul 3 15:28:02 UTC 2018

We just suffered a power outage in out data center and I'm having trouble recovering the Openstack cluster. All of the nodes are back online, every instance shows active but `virsh list --all` on the compute nodes show that all of the VMs are actually shut down. Running `ip addr` on any of the nodes shows that none of the bridges are present and `ip netns` shows that all of the network namespaces are missing as well. So despite all of the neutron service running, none of the networking appears to be active, which is concerning. How do I solve this without recreating all of the networks?

Torin Woltjer

Grand Dial Communications - A ZK Tech Inc. Company

616.776.1066 ext. 2006
www.granddial.com