[Openstack] Openstack manual setup

Marcin Dulak marcin.dulak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 23:30:24 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 11:24 PM, Sashan Govender <sashang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I setup an openstack system on my latpop using kvm and these instructions
> for Centos 7:
> https://docs.openstack.org/newton/install-guide-rdo/
>
> It's a long process (about a weeks worth of work if you're new to it and
> doing it full-time). Some issues I had were with the database sync commands
> (eg: su -s /bin/sh -c "glance-manage db_sync" glance) . For some reason my
> tables never populated until I'd run the command twice or restarted the
> service.

I would recommend using nested virtualization under Vagrant if you want to
script the whole tutorial because you will need to start from scratch
several times - there are probably several projects on github like that
https://github.com/marcindulak/install-guide-rdo-with-vagrant
Moreover I would directly focus on multi-server deployment.
There is no point in doing this process more than once, and people provided
links to various ways of automating the setup.

Marcin