[Openstack] Openstack manual setup

Brandon Bruce Brandon.Bruce at rackspace.com
Tue Jan 30 15:11:10 UTC 2018

Hey Guru!

I think this might be what you are looking for: https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/

However, this will be a decent amount of work doing it on a single machine. I am assuming you are going to use VirtualBox or VMWare to create the multiple nodes. I did this same procedure a few years ago using VBox and while I learned a lot, I would never recommend it as using PackStack, DevStack, or Openstack Ansible (OSA) remove so many of the pitfalls that are going to occur.

If you do choose to go this route, especially on a single machine using virtualization, plan on it be an arduous process and hitting hundreds of little snags.

Brandon Bruce