[Openstack] All-in-One, DPDK with multiple public interefaces

d.lake at surrey.ac.uk d.lake at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 14:56:10 UTC 2018

Hello

I'm trying to build a simple all-in-one system using DevStack with OVS+DPDK with 4 public interfaces.

I'm using the local.conf here - https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovs-dpdk/blob/master/doc/source/_downloads/local.conf.single_node

I have four physical networks defined here:

"ML2_VLAN_RANGES=physnet1:1000:2999,physnet2:1000:2999,physnet3:1000:2999,physnet4:1000:2999"

I can see this line as well, but I have no idea how to configure it:

"OVS_BRIDGE_MAPPINGS="default:br-<SINGLE NODE DATA INTERFACE>"

I have DPDK installed and the interfaces are bound to the igbuio driver so they do not have a physical kernel name.

Do I need to create an OVS bridge for each external interface prior to stacking?  If so, what interface name do I use?

Thanks

David