[Openstack] Nova VNC console broken

Bernd Bausch berndbausch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 23:14:07 UTC 2018

According to the command output that you posted, the first API that
fails is this:

GET http://controller:8774/v2.1/servers/zktubntu

It's the equivalent of openstack server show zktubntu. I wonder if you
run console url show as the owner of that instance, or as admin. As
admin, you can't find an instance by its name (except if the instance is
owned by admin).

What happens if you issue the server show command? What happens if you
issue console url show with the instance ID instead of its name?

In any case, it would be useful to check the Nova logs to understand why
this API fails.