[Openstack] [openstack][pike][cinder] cinder-volume agent is marked down during image upload

Fabian Zimmermann dev.faz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 17:32:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

we just evaluating the upgrade to pike and running into an issue with
cinder-volume agent

We see cinder-volume-Agent being marked DOWN if we request an
volume-upload to glance and the upload runs longer than heartbeat-timeout.

As soon as curl starts to upload the image, there are no further
heartbeat-updates in the database.

steps to reproduce:

1. create a big Volume (f.e. 100G)
2. fill the volume with data to avoid too fast upload
3. tell cinder to upload the volume as image
4. watch cinder-volume-agent being marked as DOWN, because no
heartbeat-update is done during upload.

Is anybody experiencing the same issue?

Thanks a lot,

  Fabian