[Openstack] private network issue ( kola-ansible pike/stable deployment )

s serge abricus at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 6 17:28:36 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'm evaluating an installation and everything from networking side was looking good
until I tried to reach a VM host via private network from another VM via ssh.

In short:
1. Spawn a VM
2. Associate a floating IP
3. Logon to VM via ssh on public network
4. Spawn another VM
5. Try to reach 1st VM via ssh private network IP - FAIL.
6. ICMP to 1st VM IP via private network works well.

Looks pretty weird for me as according to logs everything looks fine,
both VM got assigned a private IP and fetches metadata info.

Some notes about setup:
Separate interfaces for management, private(VXLAN) and external network.
Dozen of similar servers.

I'll continue to debug the issue, but appreciate any relevant feedback.

Thanks,
Regards,
Serge.