[Openstack] API endpoint naming in Keystone

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 4 04:19:38 UTC 2018

I just now upgraded my test install (nova, keystone and glance) from
Liberty to Mitaka.  Immediately after the upgrade, every compute query
in the openstack client or Horizon started returned a 404.

I resolved this problem by changing all of my nova endpoints in Keystone
that looked like this:

    http://labtestnet2001.codfw.wmnet:8774/v2/$(tenant_id)s

so that they now look like this:

    http://labtestnet2001.codfw.wmnet:8774/v2

I can't find any online documentation to support this change. Every
how-to guide includes the $(tenant_id)s component of the endpoint for
nova, although other services (e.g. glance) seem not to recommend it.
Can anyone help me understand what's going on here?  Are the docs just
out of date, or do I have some subtle breakage in my install that this
is revealing?

Thanks!

-Andrew