[Openstack] extend attached volumes

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Tue Sep 26 14:48:12 UTC 2017

As far as I understood, the chain is the same - admin extend volume by
using Cinder, but unlike earlier implementation, if volume is in-use,
Cinder will ask Nova whether Nova support extending attached volumes (by
checking Nova's API microversion) and if yes, will resize volume
informing Nova using "volume-extended" call. On Nova's side, it will
inform QEMU about this change... then either user can manually resize or
it will happen on next reboot.

I can be wrong, of course, but there is no neither "nova volume-extend"
nor word "extend" in "nova --help" :-)