[Openstack] extend attached volumes

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Tue Sep 26 14:20:17 UTC 2017

Hi Jay,

I know about this way :-) but Pike introduced ability to resize attached
volumes:

"It is now possible to signal and perform an online volume size change
as of the 2.51 microversion using the|volume-extended|external event.
Nova will perform the volume extension so the host can detect its new
size. It will also resize the device in QEMU so instance can detect the
new disk size without rebooting." --
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/nova/pike.html