[Openstack] OpenStack Keystone HA and Pacemaker on Ubuntu

Imran Ahmed imran at eaxiom.net
Sat Sep 9 13:03:04 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am setting up a high available OpenStack control plan.  I have three
controllers each running HAproxy, pacemaker, keystone, Mariadb Galera,
cinder (api  +volume), memcahed, rabbitmq and neutron with OVS DVR and VRRP.

Since I am using a single VIP collocated with HAProxy  in pacemaker, I
needed suggestions / expert advice on :

1. Adding pacemaker resource for keystone. Pacemaker can restart a service
if that's down. What would be any other advantage as I am not using a
separate VIP for keystone api.
2. I am using ceph as a storage backend for nova (instance disks), cinder
(volumes) and glance (images) . I have installed cinder-volume on the
controller nodes Do I need to install it on the compute nodes instead. (
knowing that cinder-volume can only work in active/passive mode)

Kind regards,

Imran