[Openstack] No ping to Openstack instance

wahi wahi at sci.am
Thu Sep 7 07:02:03 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I installed Openstack Juno using two KVM virtual machines, one
controller and one Compute, the neutron service is installed on the
controller. Everything is working without any problem, I activated the
masquerade on both nodes using UFW.

I have two nic on each vm, one for internal networking (10.0.17.0/24)
and one for external one.

I created an internal network and run an instance, the instance got an
IP from the correct range and the state is running, but there is no ping
to it from the controller or compute vm.

 From compute when I am using: virsh list I am seeing the instance
running there.

When I am doing virsh dumpxml I am not seeing the IP which is shown on
HORIZON!!! which is strange.

Could you please help me to identify the problem and solve it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
  Wahi