[Openstack] [Ceilometer][Gnocchi] Ocata - Ceilometer with Gnocchi

Adhi Priharmanto adhi.pri at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 02:13:11 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to add telemetry into my running openstack, as I read at

https://docs.openstack.org/project-install-guide/
telemetry/ocata/get_started.html

ceilometer now using gnocchi as backend, so I dig more reference for easily
installed gnocchi on my openstack environment, and I found about
openstack-gnocchi-* package from the openstack repo .

I'm installed gnocchi & ceilometer services at a node separate from
controller node, this node have IP 192.168.26.10, so I create metric
endpoint using this IP address.

then I'm using gnocchi from openstack repo , and here my gnocchi config

[DEFAULT]
> log_dir = /var/log/gnocchi/
> verbose = true
> transport_url = rabbit://openstack:MY_PASSWORD@ct-oc-srg.adhi
> [api]
> auth_mode = keystone
> [archive_policy]
> default_aggregation_methods = mean,min,max,sum,std,median,count,last,95pct
> [cors]
> [cors.subdomain]
> [database]
> connection = mysql+pymysql://gnocchi:MY_PASSWORD@ct-oc-srg.adhi/gnocchi
> [healthcheck]
> [incoming]
> [indexer]
> url = mysql+pymysql://gnocchi:MY_PASSWORD@ct-oc-srg.adhi/
> gnocchi?charset=utf8
> driver = sqlalchemy
> [metricd]
> [oslo_middleware]
> [oslo_policy]
> [statsd]
> resource_id = 70de8fd2-7619-4c70-bb4e-6628fe1aa68e
> user_id =
> project_id =
> archive_policy_name = low
> [storage]
> driver = file
> file_basepath = /var/lib/gnocchi
> coordination_url = file:///var/lib/gnocchi/locks
> [keystone_authtoken]
> auth_uri = http://ct-oc-srg.adhi:5000
> auth_url = http://ct-oc-srg.adhi:35357/v3
> auth_type = password
> memcached_servers = ct-oc-srg.adhi:11211
> project_domain_name = default
> user_domain_name = default
> project_name = service
> username = gnocchi
> password = MY_PASSWORD
> interface = internalURL
> region_name = RegionOne

according from the guide above, we just using
openstack-ceilometer-notification.service
openstack-ceilometer-central.service openstack-ceilometer-collector.service
, this is my ceilometer config

[DEFAULT]
> verbose = true
> meter_dispatchers = gnocchi
> event_dispatchers = gnocchi
> transport_url = rabbit://openstack:MY_PASSWORD@ct-oc-srg.adhi
> [api]
> [collector]
> [compute]
> [coordination]
> [cors]
> [cors.subdomain]
> [database]
> [dispatcher_file]
> [dispatcher_gnocchi]
> url = http://192.168.26.10:8041
> filter_service_activity = true
> archive_policy = low
> resources_definition_file = gnocchi_resources.yaml
> filter_project = service
> [dispatcher_http]
> [event]
> [hardware]
> [ipmi]
> [keystone_authtoken]
> auth_uri = http://ct-oc-srg.adhi:5000
> auth_url = http://ct-oc-srg.adhi:35357
> memcached_servers = ct-oc-srg.adhi:11211
> auth_type = password
> project_domain_name = default
> user_domain_name = default
> project_name = service
> username = ceilometer
> password = MY_PASSWORD
> [matchmaker_redis]
> [meter]
> [notification]
> store_events = false
> [oslo_concurrency]
> [oslo_messaging_amqp]
> [oslo_messaging_kafka]
> [oslo_messaging_notifications]
> [oslo_messaging_rabbit]
> [oslo_messaging_zmq]
> [oslo_middleware]
> [oslo_policy]
> [polling]
> [publisher]
> [publisher_notifier]
> [rgw_admin_credentials]
> [service_credentials]
> auth_type = password
> auth_url = http://ct-oc-srg.adhi:5000
> project_domain_name = default
> user_domain_name = default
> project_name = service
> username = ceilometer
> password = MY_PASSWORD
> interface = internalURL
> region_name = RegionOne
> [service_types]
> [storage]
> [vmware]
> [xenapi]

While doing ceilometer-upgrade --skip-metering-database, it's look no
problem. When I look into the gnocchi database on mysql , I can see some
tables add into the gnocchi database.

the problem comes when I start the ceilometer services, specially with logs
from ceilometer collector, I've got this error :

2017-09-05 16:03:40.808 23012 ERROR ceilometer.dispatcher.gnocchi [-] A
server error occurred.  Please contact the administrator. (HTTP 500)

I also got this error when I reboot an instance. I also can get measure
from the image download like describe in the guide above, can somebody help
me ?

--
Cheers,

[image: --]